Image Processing Engineer – Multiple Locations
|JOB TITLE:||Image Processing Engineer|
|CLASSIFICATION:||Full-Time, Permanent or Contract|
|COMPENSATION:||Competitive Salary + Comprehensive Benefits|
|LOCATION:||Vancouver, BC or Hyderabad, India or Ilmenau, Germany|
Lantronix is currently seeking an Image Processing Engineer with deep experience in camera sensor signal processing, to develop and troubleshoot optimized video and camera imaging for Android and Linux devices. The work spans analysis of image quality for sensors including RAW and Bayer types of sensors, through use of tuning tools and laboratory equipment to adjust and calibrate silicon-based image processing. This includes various processing blocks for wavelet denoising, color correction, chromatic aberration correction, and related image tuning functions. Image processing includes using and optimizing leading-edge proprietary hardware-accelerated pixel processing pipelines.
The Image Processing Engineer candidate must have a strong technical background and be capable of coming up to speed with a new team and new technology quickly. Good analytical, problem solving, and communication skills are essential as well as the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
You will need knowledge and experience in camera sensors, 3A tuning, video formats, digital signal processing, and camera interfaces including MIPI-CSI. Practical Linux kernel driver development experience is an advantage.
- Takes on technical leadership role within camera-related projects, assists with system specifications, assists in planning and scoping new projects, and provides technical guidance to the team to ensure schedules and objectives are met.
- Assisting with camera sensor driver bring-up, sensor tuning and performance optimization.
- Understanding and input on new camera hardware designs; reading camera module datasheets, schematics and HW documentation and understanding the camera bring-up process. Learning and following detailed procedures for tuning and optimizing each image processing block in a complex process.
- Quickly ramping up and becoming a key contributor within a team of experienced Embedded engineers.
- Optimization of camera performance using silicon vendor tools and techniques for production quality camera images/video for a wide variety of new consumer, industrial, and commercial products.
- Staying abreast of technical area, clearly documenting tuning techniques and best-practices, and continuous knowledge transfer for fellow global Lantronix team members.
Skills and Competencies
- Minimum 3 years hands-on camera sensor development and/or tuning experience in Linux kernel drivers and silicon or FPGA-based processors. Android experience desirable.
- Minimum 2 years of C/C++ experience. Java experience beneficial but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences, electrical/software engineering or equivalent. Advanced technical degree desirable.
- Requires strong leadership and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Solid theoretical understanding of image processing algorithms and concepts
- Demonstrated knowledge and hands-on experience in the areas of camera, display, and multimedia.
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to hit objective and subjective performance criteria in producing quality, consistent imaging output.
- Experience in the integration of wide range of drivers is an advantage.
- Knowledge of camera hardware bring-up, familiarity with HW documentation such as schematic and layout drawings.
- Good practical knowledge of embedded or mobile devices.
- Good problem-solving and diagnostic skills, in a fast-paced environment.
- Requires a solid understanding of the software development and project management life cycle.
- Language: Strong Written and Spoken English required.