Embedded Software Engineer – Ilmenau, Germany
|JOB TITLE:||Embedded Software Engineer|
|JOB FUNCTION:||SW Development|
|CLASSIFICATION:||Regular Full Time|
As a member of the product development team, you will develop and enhance software for our industry leading IoT Tracker and Gateway products. Our platforms are in the core of industry leading IoT Modules and Enterprise Solutions products. Our platforms are at the forefront of driving M2M connectivity with intelligent device services that enable our customers to access remote device data within the enterprise
- Implement robust, high-performing IoT products and solutions and participate constructively in requirements analysis and design discussions.
- Collaborate closely with product management, architects, front-end developers and QA and have a strong desire to work with a company that is building products that solve real-world problems.
- Manage entire life cycle, including enhancements, updates, and re-configurations for assigned products.
- Produce high quality code that conforms to the design and functional requirements. Develop validation plans and execute them to ensure that code is fully unit tested before submitting to QA Testing.
- Provide support to other Engineers, Field Application Engineers/Technical Support staff in areas of expertise and domain knowledge.
- Demonstrating strong project management and intra-department collaboration is essential to projects on time and on budget. Provides work estimates for development projects and reports status of projects to management.
- Improve and maintain new and existing functionality through the product life cycle.
- Diagnose, locate and resolve technical issues in large systems.
- Work independently, having the ability to work in a team environment, and meeting project deadlines will be necessary skills for success.
- Perform thorough and thoughtful code reviews for other engineers on your team.
Skills and Competencies
- 2+ years of practical experience in product development and BSEE/BSCS, or MSEE/MSCS.
- Extensive experience in design and development of embedded software based on real time operating systems (ThreadX, Nucleus, FreeRTOS or eCos) and Linux.
- Solid experience in different networking protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, CAN) and security frameworks.
- Ability to work with multiple programming (C/C++) languages and frameworks including Java, & Python.
- Experience developing and troubleshooting in multi-threaded and distributed environments.
- Have experience in collaborating with cross functional engineering teams.
- Ability to coach/mentor junior engineers on the team, provide technical direction, perform design/code reviews and champion engineering best practices.
- Experience in configuration management and monitoring/instrumentation
- Must be analytical, result driven individual with high attention to detail
- Must be strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Experience as a technical lead is a plus.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.