Embedded Camera Engineering Specialist – Multiple Locations
|JOB TITLE:||Embedded Camera Engineering Specialist|
|COMPENSATION:||Competitive Salary + Comprehensive Benefits|
|LOCATION:||Vancouver BC, Taipei TW, Hyderabad IN and Ilmenau, Germany|
Lantronix is currently seeking Camera Engineering Experts with deep experience in camera technology, to develop and troubleshoot video, camera, and multi-media for Android and Linux devices. The work spans integration of sensors at the hardware/MIPI bus-level, through Linux driver, multimedia framework (e.g. GStreamer, V4L), Hardware Abstraction Libraries, and Android Framework customization.
Camera Engineering candidates must have a strong technical background and be capable of coming up to speed with a new team and new technology quickly. Good analytical, problem solving, and communication skills are essential as well as the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
You will need knowledge and experience in camera sensors, 3A tuning, video formats, and display/camera interfaces such as MIPI and HDMI. Practical Linux kernel driver development experience is a firm requirement. Experience in codecs is an advantage.
- Takes on technical leadership role within projects, assists with system specifications and provides technical guidance to the team to ensure schedules and objectives are met.
- Core development of advanced camera and display projects, including HAL modifications, driver bring-up, and sensor tuning.
- Bring-up of new camera hardware designs; reading schematics and HW documentation and understanding the camera bring-up process.
- Quickly ramping up and becoming a key contributor within a team of experienced Embedded engineers.
- Ability to fix issues and provide technical guidance on a Linux kernel driver and Linux multi-media framework issues.
- Stays abreast of technical area and provides knowledge transfer to fellow team members.
Skills and Competencies
- Minimum 4 years hands-on Embedded software development experience in Linux kernel drivers. Android experience desirable.
- Minimum 4 years of C/C++ experience. Java experience beneficial but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences, electrical/software engineering or equivalent. Advanced technical degree desirable.
- Requires strong leadership and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the areas of camera, display, and multimedia.
- Experience in the integration of wide range of drivers is an advantage.
- Experience in camera hardware bringup, familiarity with HW documentation such as schematic and layout drawings.
- Good working knowledge of embedded or mobile devices.
- Good problem-solving and diagnostic skills, in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven experience in OpenGLES, OpenCV is a plus.
- Requires a solid understanding of the software development and project management life cycle.
- Language: Strong Written and Spoken English required.