Associate Technical Project Manager
|Job Title:||Associate Technical Project Manager|
|Job Function:||Technical Project Management|
|Classification:||Regular Full Time|
|Compensation:||Base Salary + Bonus + Stock Plan|
We are seeking to hire an Associate Technical Project Manager (TPM) who is excited to take part in shaping the 4th industrial revolution and supporting the products, services, and product line managers underpinning it all. We are looking for an individual with strong organizational and communication skills, looking to be an important part of our successful product line execution. This critical role has responsibilities for tracking and communicating internal and cross functional action items, blockers, and red flags. The associate TPM will also help with product line management tasks, process, and procedure. Solving problems and improving process related to supporting planning, organizing, and managing existing and new product work will be fundamental to the role. The associate TPM will report directly to the VP of Strategy, and work with diverse cross functional staff across Product, Marketing, Finance, Operations, Sales, and Engineering.
This position requires an understanding of the concepts and use of project management principles when applied to launching and supporting products. Specific project management skills needed for this role include workflow coordination, communication facilitation, problem solving, resource management, completion of a wide range of coordination activities across multiple projects, working closely to support the Product Line Managers to carry out new product introductions and existing product line maintenance. These activities require the use of planning, scheduling, communication, and project management tools such as management software (e.g., Smartsheet), Excel, document repositories (e.g., SharePoint) and electronic calendars (e.g., Outlook), etc.
Specifically, the Project Manager will be required to use project management skills and tools to:
- Set-up, manage, and maintain document repositories.
- Set-up, manage, and maintain project management software.
- Maintain regular communication with project and tasks leads, and other cross functional team members.
- Track workflow schedules and meet with project/task team to discuss plans, changes to schedule, assist with removing blockers, and flag conflict needing resolution.
- Write well-structured, clear and concise documents for process and procedures.
- Facilitate task team meetings, and record meeting minutes and action items.
- Write or compile sections of reports, or proposals.
- Provide project management solutions efficiency and quality related improvements.
- Assist in coordinating logistics for project activities, including training and coaching events, focus groups, marketing events, product launches, and site visits
- Assist in managing product definitions, custom product variants, and logistics management of sku creation
- Monitor drive visibility for product modifications and calls to action.
The ideal candidate for this position has demonstrated experience in the following:
- Makes customer success their priority.
- Working knowledge of, and interest in, Industrial IoT (IIoT) and Remote Environment Management (REM) markets, products, and solutions.
- Works well within a large organization and cross functionally with staff and senior management.
- Attention to details and efficiently tracking activity streams across multiple projects.
- Flexibility to modify approaches as needed.
- Contributing independent recommendations for more efficient processes and procedures.
- Adapts to changes in priorities; and completes work assigned with minimal supervision.
- Experience in facilitation of communication and coordination across team members and teams.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work with many team members; clear, concise, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- B.A. in relevant field is a plus
- At least 1 year of demonstratable hands-on, full time experience in project coordination
- Knowledge of business and technical application