Lantronix and Timesys Launch Next Generation PremierWave EN™ Product with New Software Development Kit
New features and SDK empowers developers with
greater control over product development
Irvine, CA – July 19, 2011 – Lantronix (NASDAQ: LTRX), a leading global provider of smart connectivity solutions that enable cloud-based access to virtually any device, anywhere, anytime, today announced the commercial availability of its next generation Linux-based wireless device server, PremierWave EN™. Also available with this release of PremierWave EN is an embedded Linux development offering from Timesys Corp., provider of the industry’s most-easy-to-use and affordable embedded Linux development products and professional services.
PremierWave EN allows design engineers and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) to easily add Wi-Fi and Ethernet networking to virtually any device. The module offers secure, high-quality wireless connectivity that enables companies across a variety of industries to securely transmit medical, financial, customer or other important data across corporate networks. The new software release features valuable Lantronix applications, including:
- Advanced Applications Suite
- Tunneling Application, a core Lantronix technology that offers a rich set of configuration options for making serial device data available over wired and wireless networks
- Secure Tunneling Application, extends the standard tunneling technology via numerous standard and secure network connectivity options
- Configuration Manager – offers an enterprise class command-line interface (CLI) for managing the device; XML configuration facilitates the update of multiple units using a standard configuration
- Web-based Configuration Manager – provides device management capability using a standard Web browser
- Rich set of system level and diagnostic utilities that simplify field deployment and remote management
- Ethernet-to-Wireless LAN Bridging – seamless wireless connectivity for wired Ethernet devices with high data packet forwarding performances
- Virtual IP (VIP) Access™ – allows remote connectivity behind firewalls.
The PremierWave EN also offers a subscription to LinuxLink — Timesys’ award-winning embedded Linux software development framework that eliminates the learning time, complexity and risk in building and maintaining embedded Linux products and helps developers reduce time to market.
LinuxLink for PremierWave EN offers the ability to:
- Quickly assemble and boot an initial embedded Linux image on a PremierWave EN development kit
- Patch/configure/rebuild/update a custom Linux platform on a desktop with a properly installed and configured development environment
- Debug/tune the platform with common open source development tools and development libraries/utilities
- Obtain help with common development tasks via expert, live support and a rich library of 'how to‘ documentation
- Leverage Timesys professional services to meet tight time and budget targets
“The release of the PremierWave EN software development kit with Timesys will help developers reduce development time, lower risks and decrease costs associated with building an embedded Linux-based product,” said Paul Pishal, Vice President of Product Management at Lantronix. “Our collaboration with Timesys on this software development kit will ensure full technical support from expert engineers at Timesys, along with support from the Lantronix team.”
“Timesys is delighted to extend our LinuxLink offering to include support for the Lantronix PremierWave EN solution,” said Maciej Halasz, Director of Product Management at Timesys. “Our flexible and easy-to-use LinuxLink embedded Linux solution provides customers with the ability to easily customize Linux to match their specific product requirements. LinuxLink offers access to more than 1,000 regularly maintained Linux components that include the Linux kernel, toolchains and APIs, as well as regular Linux updates, advice and support, enabling applications developers to focus on building their value-add application.”
To learn more or to purchase the Timesys SDK, please visit http://www.timesys.com/supported/boards/lantronix
The Lantronix blog, http://www.lantronix.com/blog, features industry discussion and updates.
To follow Lantronix on Twitter, visit http://www.twitter.com/Lantronix
Lantronix, Inc. (NASDAQ: LTRX) is a global leader of secure communication technologies that simplify remote access, management and control of any electronic device. Our products and cloud-based solutions empower businesses to make better decisions based on real-time information, and gain a competitive advantage by generating new revenue streams, improving productivity and increasing efficiency and profitability. Easy to integrate and deploy, Lantronix products remotely connect and control electronic equipment via the Internet, provide secure remote access to firewall-protected equipment, and enable remote management of IT equipment over the Internet. Founded in 1989, Lantronix serves some of the largest medical, security, industrial and building automation, transportation, retail/POS, financial, government, consumer electronics/appliances, IT/data center and pro-AV/signage entities in the world. The company's headquarters are located in Irvine, Calif. For more information, visit www.lantronix.com.
Timesys is the provider of LinuxLink, a high-productivity software development framework for embedded Linux applications. The LinuxLink framework includes the Linux kernel, cross-toolchain, application development IDE, an award winning build system called Factory, a vast library of middleware packages, software stacks and libraries, documentation and expert technical support. LinuxLink enables development teams to consistently build and maintain a custom, open source embedded Linux platform through regularly updated Linux sources, proven middleware packages, and a scriptable GNU-based build environment. LinuxLink reduces the time, resources, risk and cost associated with building a product based on open source Linux. For more information, visit www.timesys.com.
# # #
Amy Robinson / Brittney Wolff
Mark D. Tullio
Todd Kehrli / Jim Byers,
MKR Group, Inc.