Lantronix SLP 8/16
Remote Power Management
- Reboot systems remotely
- Reduce in-rush overload with power-up sequencing
- Monitor and manage power to IT equipment from anywhere
- Ensure safe data center power load and distribution
- Save space with flexible rack mounting options
- Achieve individual on/off/reboot or group control of outlet
- Product Overview
- Features & Specifications
- Order Now
Secure, Remote Power Management for Servers and IT Equipment
Lantronix SLP is a remote power management tool that combines intelligent power distribution, management and load-measurement for remote equipment and branch AC circuits into a practical, easy-to-use device. With SLP, system administrators can securely control the power, individually, to every piece of equipment in the data center.
Through a simple web interface, IT professionals can use Lantronix SLP to monitor, regulate and manage power to nearly every piece of equipment in the data center – even if servers or networks are down.
Lantronix SLP eliminates unnecessary service trips to the data center by enabling system administrators to remotely control the power supply to critical business equipment. In the event of a server problem or nonresponsive system, individual servers can be rebooted and powered off and on. This is also a benefit when server configuration changes require power cycling for the change to take effect.
The ability to remotely monitor power consumption helps maintain safe loads on existing power circuits, and alerts administrators when and where additional power circuits are needed.
In order to prevent overloads caused by sudden in-rush of current when equipment is powered up, the SLP provides the ability to power up devices in a pre-determined sequence. This causes a more steady power draw, and gives system administrators the option to turn on certain devices before others. The net result is increased safety for your IT equipment, and greatly reduced downtime and service costs.
Anytime, Anywhere Solution
With SLP, network administrators monitor and manage power to data center equipment – whether it’s located down the hall or across the globe from anywhere over an IP network or the Internet with a Web Browser or CLI interface – this capability provides an unprecedented level of flexibility and control, and greatly reduces the risk of costly downtime. Power to data center equipment can also be managed locally through a serial connection, or remotely from a Lantronix Console Manager when the SLP is attached via the serial interface.
Security is a top priority for IT managers. With SSH for command line interface, SSL support for web access, and remote authentication protocols, the SLP features the highest level of security of any power management product on the market. Also, with remote access to data center power supplies, you can reduce personnel traffic to the data center, keeping it more secure.
Easy to Deploy and Use
The Lantronix SLP is extremely easy to use due to its flexibility at all levels – from easily-accessed US and international plug-style connectors, to mounting options, to software functionality. Best of all, you can use a standard web browser both for setup and operation.
Features & Specifications
- In-Band (10/100 Base-T Ethernet)
- Out-of-Band (RS-232 console port)
- Secure Shell (SSH v2)
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL v3, TLS v1)
- Local Username/Password
- Remote Authentication: LDAP, TACACS+, Active Directory
Data Capture and Notification
- Remote Syslog Server support
- Event and authentication logs
- Event notification via SNMP traps and E-mail
- Environmental monitoring via optional temperature/humidity probe
- HTTP/HTTPS GUI interface
- Command line interface (telnet, SSH, or direct RS-232)
- SNMP MIB and traps
- Group control of multiple outlets during on/off/reboot
- Outlet configuration includes "Power-on-Delay" and "Sequence Interval"
- LED Input Current Monitor for onsite aggregate load verification
- LEDs indicate individual receptacle power status
Additional Protocols Supported
- DHCP for dynamic IP address assignment
- SNTP for time synchronization
- FTP for firmware updates and configuration save/restore
- DNS for text-to-IP address name resolution
- Network: 10/100 Base-T Ethernet Console: RS-232 (RJ45)
- Temperature/Humidity Sensors: RJ12
- Outlets: NEMA 5-20R or IEC60320/C13 (see order information matrix in Product Brief)
- Link port: RJ12 (to connect power expansion unit)
- Input: 100-120 VAC or 208-240 VAC (see order information matrix in Product Brief)
- Operating: 0 to 50° C (32 to 122° F)
- Storage: -40 to 85° C (-40 to 185° F)
- Relative Humidity: 10 to 90%, non-condensing Physical
- Dimensions (LxWxH):
- SLPH and SLPX (1U) - 17.78 x 43.18 x 4.445 cm (7.0 x 17.0 x 1.75 in)
- SLPV and SLPY (Zero U) - 5.715 x 4.445 x 165.10 cm (2.25 x 1.75 x 65.0 in)
- Shipping Weight:
- SLPH and SLPX – 8.2 lbs., 3.72 kg
- SLPV and SLPY – 13.2 lbs., 5.99 kg.
- FCC Class A, Part 15
- cTUVus (US & Canada) to UL 60950:2003 and CAN/CSA 22.2 No 60950-1-03
- European Union (TUVGS mark) to EN 60950-1:2001
Order Information & Part Numbers
Lantronix Online Store (U.S.A., Canada, Mexico, Europe)
Click on a cart button below to buy direct from Lantronix.
- Call (800) 422-7055 to speak with a Lantronix sales representative in North America.
- Lantronix Worldwide Offices - Find an office in your region from our list of worldwide offices.
- Find a Lantronix Partner - Lantronix products are available from a variety of leading technology vendors.
SupportLinx Extended Support
Lantronix provides extended support and warranty options for this product. Click here for more information. Extended support options are available for the following products: